Thursday, November 19, 2009

[jules' pics] 11/18/2009 09:34:00 PM


Hase Dera, originally uploaded by julesberry2001.

Another abrupt climate change occurred yesterday and it is only 4 months since the last one. Now it is cold, and therefore "virtually certain" that all the mantises are dead including dear sweet Trevorina

Photo is taken in a sub-temple at Hase-Dera. It is a scary place. There is one little concrete statue for each dead baby. I hope Trevoria managed to make 10 times this many progeny before she died. Mantis infant mortality rates are very high...



--
Posted By jules to jules' pics at 11/18/2009 09:34:00 PM

4 comments:

William M. Connolley said...

Gorgeous picture. I think it might have been better without the flowers. Would they have been offended if you'd moved them temporarily?

jules said...

... you cannot be serious ...

Tom C said...

Jules -

Belette obviously has no artistic sense. It is the contrast between the monochromatic stone and wildly colorful flowers that makes the shot great.

Francis Turner said...

I'd forgotten about the Kamakura Hasedera until this photo. Must go and visit (again? I think I went once 17 years ago).

I did greatly enjoy my more recent visit to the Nara Hasedera which is definitely worth a visit.